My experiences with children
------------------------------
------------------------------
Being a mom of a young boy and an infant, I first had the time to venture into the beautiful and innocent world of children through them.Interacting with their little friends gave me a whole new perspective towards life . For adults, spending time with children in a relaxed atmosphere can be the best way to destress and learn a lot of lessons which we have forgotten on our way towards adulthood.
All through my student life and as a single working woman, I neither had the time nor the inclination to move closely with them as I was focussed more on myself . When my son was a toddler I used to take him to a nearby park everyday for a breath of fresh air . The experience opened up a whole new world hitherto unknown to me .Older children would come rushing to play with him all in the age group of 4 to 10 . And thats where I started spending more time with them.
Their simplicity , honesty and innocence blew me away and I felt some of life's lessons can truly be learnt from them . Every evening my son would await this visit to the park , to have the older children fuss over him . These lovely little girls and boys at the park would ask me about my sons routine and me , theirs . In the course of time we developed a bond which was special and I looked forward to this daily routine.
They also loved it when I she'd my inhibitions and played with them . I used to observe closely their games , the way they fought , how they later made up ,truly useful for us adults in a challenging environment . I used to conduct quizzes
for them and they soon began enjoying this routine .The time I spent at the park boosted my sagging energy levels and I felt refreshed by the time I left.
I did observe some interesting facts about children and wanted to share it.
Children are great mind readers and don't hesitate to speak what's on their mind. They are truthful and if any child lies it is mostly due to the example set by the elders in their life. One look at a parent and they mostly know what's running through their mind.
Contrary to belief that todays children ,especially the single ones are very adamant , I saw that even at a young age they are more confident and know what they want .At my sons School Day programme one of the teachers walked upto his classmate aged 6 and admonished her for sitting in the wrong classroom while getting ready . She coolly replied "The other rooms are so crowded . I wouldn't want my costume to get dirty . So I will sit here ."
And she sat there defiantly despite the teachers repeated efforts to move her out . I loved the confidence with which she took on the teacher , explained her reason and stood by her decision . Big lessons from a small kid .
Sometimes their words of wisdom and advice does help us a lot . Many times the simple solutions offered by my children to problems I dreaded solving were the most ideal. I was fretting and fuming over a schoolmate always snatching my sons snacks at school .The next day I was deciding on how I would get the concerned child to realise his mistake when my son returned from school all smiling. When I asked him about this boy he told me that they had made up by deciding to share his snack box everyday. Was I glad that I didn't interfere in a hurry!
Their simplicity , honesty and innocence blew me away and I felt some of life's lessons can truly be learnt from them . Every evening my son would await this visit to the park , to have the older children fuss over him . These lovely little girls and boys at the park would ask me about my sons routine and me , theirs . In the course of time we developed a bond which was special and I looked forward to this daily routine.
They also loved it when I she'd my inhibitions and played with them . I used to observe closely their games , the way they fought , how they later made up ,truly useful for us adults in a challenging environment . I used to conduct quizzes
for them and they soon began enjoying this routine .The time I spent at the park boosted my sagging energy levels and I felt refreshed by the time I left.
I did observe some interesting facts about children and wanted to share it.
Children are great mind readers and don't hesitate to speak what's on their mind. They are truthful and if any child lies it is mostly due to the example set by the elders in their life. One look at a parent and they mostly know what's running through their mind.
Contrary to belief that todays children ,especially the single ones are very adamant , I saw that even at a young age they are more confident and know what they want .At my sons School Day programme one of the teachers walked upto his classmate aged 6 and admonished her for sitting in the wrong classroom while getting ready . She coolly replied "The other rooms are so crowded . I wouldn't want my costume to get dirty . So I will sit here ."
And she sat there defiantly despite the teachers repeated efforts to move her out . I loved the confidence with which she took on the teacher , explained her reason and stood by her decision . Big lessons from a small kid .
Sometimes their words of wisdom and advice does help us a lot . Many times the simple solutions offered by my children to problems I dreaded solving were the most ideal. I was fretting and fuming over a schoolmate always snatching my sons snacks at school .The next day I was deciding on how I would get the concerned child to realise his mistake when my son returned from school all smiling. When I asked him about this boy he told me that they had made up by deciding to share his snack box everyday. Was I glad that I didn't interfere in a hurry!
As children we all have this divine purity and uncorrupted character . Transversing our way through life as we grow up , somewhere these
traits are lost without us even realising it . It find its way back to us like a breath of fresh air only on the rare occassions where we are willing to let go the adult in us .This is best experienced when we are around children.
So it is important to sit back, relax and spend some happy time at least with our own children each day. This would go a long way in helping us build our character.
traits are lost without us even realising it . It find its way back to us like a breath of fresh air only on the rare occassions where we are willing to let go the adult in us .This is best experienced when we are around children.
So it is important to sit back, relax and spend some happy time at least with our own children each day. This would go a long way in helping us build our character.

No comments:
Post a Comment